Clustering Consumers using Liking/Acceptability data, 10th June 1500pm (GMT+1/BST)
Product code: R-Cluster
June 10, 2020
Virtual option available
The remote learning package consists of a live interactive lecture delivered online by one of the Qi Statistics team, together with workshops for you to complete in your own time (solutions and data sets provided), plus a pdf of the lecture notes and email support whilst you are completing the workshop after the course for up to 2 weeks. More than just a recorded webinar and as close to face-to-face training as it can be!
This module focuses on the statistical techniques for examining and summarising the relationships between attributes, using correlation and principal components analysis.
The course content is as follows:
- Quick overview of main clustering procedures (AHC, KMEANS, Latent Class)
- Design Issues, data pre-processing
- Investigating within cluster variation, trimming clusters using correlation
- Cluster validation using ANOVA, simple plotting and PCA
- Clustering incomplete data – how incomplete can my data be? Methods available.
- An extensive set of exercises with solutions (explanation of statistics and interpretation of maps) will be included as part of the training
To be able to perform the exercises you will need a full demo-version of XLSTAT (or licensed copy of XLSTAT Basic version).
Length of Session:
Approx 1hr + workshop (also available at alternative time for other time zones – see course listings)
A basic understanding of statistics is assumed i.e. knowledge of statistical terminology and summary measures such as mean, variance, standard deviations.
$294.25 – $326.95 (Excluding any applicable taxes)