The Why and How of Discrimination Testing using EyeOpenR – 17th January 2024 @ 14:00 (GMT)
Product code: Discrimination Testing using EyeOpenR January 2024
January 17, 2024 - January 17, 2024
This remote learning package consists of a live interactive lecture delivered online by Joshua Brain, together with workshops for you to complete in your own time (solutions and data sets provided), plus a pdf of the lecture notes and email support whilst you are completing the workshop after the course for up to two weeks.
The learning package enables you to becoming more confident in performing, analysing and reporting popular discrimination tests, such as the triangle and tetrad tests. We will demonstrate this through the use of the EyeOpenR software. More specifically, the learning package covers:
- Why use discrimination testing and the differences between the most common discrimination tests
- Use of EyeOpenR to analyse discrimination data and interpret results
- Explanation of the two dominant approaches to analysis of discrimination data: the ‘Guessing’ model and Thurstonian
- Introduction to power and sample size considerations
- Beyond significance: the importance of looking at confidence intervals as well as significance tests
- Similarity testing: are difference / similarity tests the same? What should I do from a practical perspective?
- A basic understanding of statistics is assumed (i.e., knowledge of statistical terminology and summary measures such as mean, variance, standard deviation).
About the Trainer:
Joshua Brain has had a broad and varied education in statistics, with a BSc (Hons) Psychology degree complemented by MSc Sensory Science at the University of Copenhagen, which included several modules in advanced statistics and chemometrics. Joshua has gained valued and diverse experience of working within both industry and academia prior to joining Qi: several years of co-managing a leading behavioural science lab at Aarhus University was followed by consumer technical insight roles in FMCG providing statistical support within the business at Mars and pladis.
$341.33 – $379.26 (Excluding any applicable taxes)