Qi Statistics is seeking to engage a statistician to work with us on a part-time basis, with a potential to grow into a full time role for the successful candidate.
Who are we?
We specialise in providing statistical services to a wide range of industries and are one of the world's leading providers of consultancy and training to the sensory and consumer market.
We pride ourselves in delivering high quality customer-focused statistical services. As a small and successful company we do not have the red tape, inflexibility and meetings burden of larger organisations. We are real people, working to provide real workable solutions to businesses.
The role will involve analysing data from a range of different companies and industries, and producing reports often to customer specification. There will be opportunities for varied work as the need arises, such as face-to-face client meetings, analysing data in a variety of software packages, bespoke software validation or writing and delivering training.
We operate a virtual office so the successful candidate would work independently from home, making use of the latest technology for sharing data and files. There may also be some client site visits or team meetings required as necessary and so access to public transport or a car is essential.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills/qualities:
• an MSc or PhD degree in statistics
• at least 5 years work experience
• competent R programmer
• competent SAS programmer or JMP user
• able to learn other specialist statistical software as required
• proven ability to clearly explain statistical concepts to non-statisticians
• good time management and organisation skills with a delivery focus, often managing several pieces of work and deadlines concurrently
• able to work independently
• good communication skills
It would particularly suit someone who wants to work flexible hours, is self-motivated and task orientated.
How to apply?
In the first instance email your CV to David Johnston (email@example.com) or telephone
07774 211933 to discuss the position. No agencies please.