What are cookies?
Cookies are small files stored in your web browser to help the website interact with you. Without cookies, every time you visit a new page the website would think you are a new visitor. This would mean, for example, that shopping baskets would empty each time you clicked onto a new page. If you would like to read more about cookies, Wikipedia has a detailed article.
What if I do not want cookies stored on my browser?
You can block cookies via your web browser. You can find out specific instructions for your browser via Google. Please note though we provide no guarantee against unexpected results should you choose to block cookies on this website.
What cookies do you store on my browser?
Details of the cookies we use on this site are listed below:
- catAccCookies – this records the answer you gave regarding accepting our cookies so that we don’t keep asking
- PHPSESSID – allows the website to function correctly by retaining session information
- woocommerce_cart_hash / woocommerce_items_in_cart / wp_woocommerce_session_– retain items in your shopping cart and helps the site know when that data changes. No personal data is stored.
- aelia_cs_selected_currency – records the currently selected currency
- is-logged-in – records whether a user is logged into the site
- _ga and _gid allow us to understand site usage so that we can improve our services. IP addresses are anonymised and no personal data is collected.
Occasionally the way third-party add-ons store cookies change. Because of this the list above may not always contain an exhaustive list of the cookies which are saved. We do regularly audit the cookies stored as a result of visiting our website.