Analysis of Variance for Sensory & Consumer Tests – Beyond the Basics, 3 December 15:00 (GMT)
Product code: Analysis of Variance for Sensory & Consumer Tests – Beyond the Basics
December 3, 2020
The remote learning package consists of a live interactive lecture delivered online by one of the Qi Statistics team, together with workshops for you to complete in your own time (solutions and data sets provided), plus a pdf of the lecture notes and email support whilst you are completing the workshop after the course for up to 2 weeks. More than just a recorded webinar and as close to face-to-face training as it can be!
This module focuses on Analysis of Variance, but this technique makes assumptions about the underlying distributions in our data – what are these assumptions? And do they matter? Do you understand all the outputs that the software spills out?
The training will be carried out using the modelling functionality in XLSTAT.
The course content is as follows:
- Analysis of Variance (ANOVA) Review
- Sensory Panel Data – should I use ANOVA or Mixed Models?
- Multiple Comparison Tests – Gains and Losses
- ANOVA assumptions – Do they matter?
- There are several different scales used for questions – which ones can be analysed using ANOVA?
- Testing demographic by product effects – Nested Models
- Incomplete Product Test Designs – Guidance for Analysis
- What do Type1 , Type II, Type III Sums of Squares measure?
- Messy Data – Illustrated using Shelf Life Tests
- Repeated Measures- when and how to use the models
The remote training package includes the one-hour lecture, plus time for questions/discussion and a set of exercises with worked solutions (explanation of statistics and interpretation with screen shots).
Length of Session:
Approx 1.5hr workshop
A basic understanding of statistics is assumed i.e. knowledge of statistical terminology and summary measures such as mean, variance, standard deviations.
$294.25 – $326.95 (Excluding any applicable taxes)