Discrimination Testing using EyeOpenR, 20th October 14:30 (GMT+1/BST)
Product code: Discrimination Testing using EyeOpenR
October 20, 2020
The remote learning package consists of a live interactive lecture delivered online by one of the Qi Statistics team, together with workshops for you to complete in your own time (solutions and data sets provided), plus a pdf of the lecture notes and email support whilst you are completing the workshop after the course for up to 2 weeks. More than just a recorded webinar and as close to face-to-face training as it can be!
In this remote learning session you will receive a live lecture delivered online by one of the Qi Statistics team, together with a workshop for you to complete in your own time (solutions and data sets provided), plus a pdf of the lecture notes. This module focuses on the statistical techniques behind the most popular discrimination tests, including how to set the options in EyeOpenR and how to interpret the EyeOpenR outputs.
- How to quantify a difference – proportion of distinguishers v d-prime? What are the advantages of each?
- Guessing model approach (using Triangle Test)
- Quantifying test risks – Intro to Power and Sample Size
- Importance of looking at confidence intervals as well as significance tests
- Are Difference/Similarity Tests the same?
- Thurstonian Methods
- Comparison of different methods (e.g. Triangle v Tetrad)
Length of Session:
Approx 1.5hr workshops
A basic understanding of statistics is assumed i.e. knowledge of statistical terminology and summary measures such as mean, variance, standard deviations.
$294.25 – $326.95 (Excluding any applicable taxes)