Discrimination Testing using EyeOpenR – access to recording of live session
Product code: Discrimination Testing using EyeOpenR
The remote learning package consists of a recorded lecture delivered online by one of the Qi Statistics team, together with workshops for you to complete in your own time (solutions and data sets provided), plus a pdf of the lecture notes and email support whilst you are completing the workshop after the course for up to 2 weeks. More than just a recorded webinar and as close to face-to-face training as it can be!
This module focuses on the statistical techniques behind the most popular discrimination tests, including how to set the options in EyeOpenR and how to interpret the EyeOpenR outputs.
- How to quantify a difference – proportion of distinguishers v d-prime? What are the advantages of each?
- Guessing model approach (using Triangle Test)
- Quantifying test risks – Intro to Power and Sample Size
- Importance of looking at confidence intervals as well as significance tests
- Are Difference/Similarity Tests the same?
- Thurstonian Methods
- Comparison of different methods (e.g. Triangle v Tetrad)
Length of Session:
Approx 1.5hr lecture + workshop
A basic understanding of statistics is assumed i.e. knowledge of statistical terminology and summary measures such as mean, variance, standard deviations.
Once you have paid for the course recording, you will be contacted by one of the Qi training team with the web link and password to the training for you to access. Lecture materials (slides and workshops) are available to you indefinitely, similar to if you had attended in person. If you are unable to access it during this time period, then future runs of this course are likely to be offered later in the year.
$264.83 – $294.25 (Excluding any applicable taxes)