Using Experimental Design Techniques to Optimise Products (2 x 1hr sessions) – recording of live sessions
Product code: R-DoE
Virtual option available
For those of you that missed the live sessions, we are making them available online for you to purchase the recording, along with the email support offered with the live version of the training package. The remote learning package consists of a lecture delivered online by one of the Qi Statistics team, plus a pdf of the lecture notes and email support for you to ask questions on the course material after the course for up to 2 weeks following the course. More than just a recorded webinar and as close to face-to-face training as it can be!
This module focuses on the statistical techniques of experimental design (DoE) applied to sensory and consumer science projects. It covers the approaches to product optimisation which control the recipes/processing variables tested with the aim of giving clear guidance on the key drivers of sensory/consumer responses. There are many different software tools which help with this, creating the experimental sample designs and providing graphical analysis to aid interpretation of the results.
The course content (split over the 2 sessions) is as follows:
- Motivation for use of structured sample designs.
- Finding the key influences on consumer liking and sensory characteristics and uncovering interactions between ingredients and process parameters.
- Using these key parameters to plan further studies to optimise and predict liking.
- Dealing with more difficult problems -investigating the complete recipe or mixture.
- Visualisation of the response surfaces, simultaneous optimisation of several performance measures including cost.
Design techniques (factorials, response surfaces, mixtures) will be illustrated by case studies using consumer and sensory panel data.
The different software options that could be used (e.g. Design Expert, JMP, Minitab, XLSTAT, MODDE etc.) will be discussed.
A basic understanding of statistics is assumed i.e. knowledge of statistical significance, ANOVA
This short course is based on the face-to-face training developed with Hal MacFie for sensory and consumer scientists, but instead offered in bite-size chunks redesigned for online learning, as part of a remote training package. You can sign up for as many or as few modules as you wish. They have been created to be delivered stand alone, although some may have pre-requisites regarding assumed statistical knowledge, so check the course details before booking!
- After you complete your purchase you will receive an email with a link and password for the session.
- A pdf of course notes and any other required course materials will be sent to you for you to print off.
$265.48 – $294.25 (Excluding any applicable taxes)