Basic Statistics Training Course Program (Non-software based)
Product code: SEN1-0
Duration: 0.5 - 1 day
No prior knowledge of statistics is required.
Most basic level – aim is to enable participants to understand statistics reports/presentations, and interpret what they see correctly to make informed decisions, rather than carry out analysis themselves.
This usually runs for 0.5-1 day, but duration of the course will be based on level of current experience of all participants.
- Visualisations to Aid Understanding
- Summary Measures (Averages – Mean/Median/Mode)
- Describing Variation (Standard Deviation & Standard Error)
- Presenting Results (Confidence Intervals)
- Formal Testing (T-Test, Significance of Test (p value))
- Making Comparisons (Analysis of Variance)
- Visualisations for presentation and explanation